Elevance Health Portfolio Director - Innovation in Sacramento, California
Portfolio Director - Innovation
Job Family: Digital and Technology
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Jun 20, 2022
Req #: PS74427
Portfolio Director - Innovation
*This position is eligible for work from home
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for organizing a series of work into a single portfolio consisting of reports that capture project objectives, costs, timelines, accomplishments, resources, risks and other critical factor project delivery and budget forecasting on a short-, medium- and long-term basis based.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Leads strategic project planning and annual budgeting.
• Leads senior/executive management business partners to plan and ensure project objectives are met and budget aligns with IT budget objectives.
• Leads strategic direction for aligning a specific organizations project plan of record and annual goal objectives with annual operating budget by specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, identification of budget and achieving long-term and short-term financial objectives with the primary goal of ensuring that ROI thresholds are met.
• Leads and manages portfolio and project activities of the business unit and develops relationships with the business.
• Directs and coordinates budget activities of multiple projects and evaluates the impacts of changes from original portfolio plans across multiple projects to provide direction.
• Leads strategies to remove barriers to ensure that portfolio initiatives are delivered on time and within budget.
• Provides leadership to executive management to determine future systems direction for both internally developed and vendor-maintained systems and performs feasibility studies. Identify opportunities for collaboration, while identifying points of connection with internal SME’s to move ideas from ideation to implementation
• Identify potential use cases and product risks to program leadership and propose solutions to mitigate risks
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years of experience in organizing a series of large size projects into a single portfolio, multiple technical and business disciplines, planning and designing large complex project portfolios, technical systems Process Life Cycle or related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Broad based experience to plan and design large complex project portfolios.
• Incumbent should also have an expertise understanding of the Enterprise Annual Governing Process Life Cycle.
• Master’s degree, multiple trade certifications or other continuing education preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
EEO is the Law Postero
EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (email@example.com) or call 1-877-204-7664